Friday, April 22, 2011

The Fluffy Stuff

So, we've been using cloth diapers for nearly seven months now. I've had people ask me lots of questions about them and I've been meaning to write a review. Now that I have only one in diapers (Yea Maddy is done potty training!!) I have the ability to go more in depth with my analysis of them.

But where to begin? I guess a breakdown is in order. It no longer is diaper origami and plastic pants your only option. There are many different types. Mainly:

Flats
Prefolds
Contours
Fitteds
Hybrids
All-in-Twos (AI2)
Pockets
and All-in-Ones (AIO)

Then there is the option of sized (small, medium, large, ect) or One-Sized (OS)

As well as material such as:

Microfiber
Cotton
Hemp
Bamboo

Some need covers and some don't which brings cover options:

Polyurethane Laminate (PUL)
Fleece
Wool

So, options, options, options.

Now, I don't have all these but I'll do my best to explain them. I figure the best way to highlight each diaper is to do a "diaper style of the week." I'll use just one style of diapers all week then post about it. I'll explain what the style of diaper it is, pros and cons, and brands available (as well as brand reviews).

Sound like a plan?

I'll be grouping some together (trust me, it makes sense) so here's my week breakdowns:

Flats/Prefold - April 24 - 30
Contours/Fitteds - May 1 - 7
Hybrids/AI2 - May 8 - 14
Pockets - May 15 - 21
AIO - May 22 - 28

So in one month you'll have fluffy overload and know more than you ever wanted to know about cloth right? Right. (And somebody kick my butt if I'm taking too long to get my reviews out. Sometimes kids make me scatterbrained.)

No comments:

Post a Comment