Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Playground Drama

I know, slacking already. I don't see the rest of the year slowing down any either. So here we go . . .

Isabelle started Kindy in August. The kid is really smart. We even looked into her skipping and going straight into 1st grade. Since she'e still only 4 and would be one of the youngest kids in Kindy we decided not to go that route. We weren't really surprised when kept soaring through her weekly tests with flying colors or when in her mid-trimester check up her teacher noted that she was at the top of the highest small group. I get it, my kid is smart. She's also a little social butterfly. She loves people, loves making new friends wherever she goes. I figured she'd make friends as easily as she always does - nobody has ever NOT liked her before. I didn't realize Kindy came with drama.

On the first day of school, two girls messed up Isabelle's hair. She was not happy about it - neither were any of us. My guess - the other girls saw her as a cute little girl and tried patting her on the head. That's one of the toughest things - Isabelle is the youngest and she's small for her age. Anyway, on day 2 she had a friend - face lights up when Isabelle enters the room, friend. Her name is Alyssa & she has little sisters around Maddy & Claire's age. Perfect! A couple weeks ago I asked if she played with Alyssa that day. Isabelle got sad. She told me that Alyssa liked Naomi and Naomi didn't like her. My heart broke for the kid. Who wouldn't like my baby?!

In true Isabelle fashion, she didn't dwell on it long & proceeded to tell me about the new people she was playing with. She played with Frankie - who apparently is a girl that has beautiful clothes according to Isabelle. She also ate lunch with Skye - who always has yummy healthy food in her lunch. Sidetrack - Isabelle doesn't like candy, so healthy food generally equals yummy in her eyes. I still wonder if there is some lunch swapping going on. About a week or so ago she started playing with Alyssa again because as Isabelle said, "Alyssa likes me a little bit."

*Sigh* I can't keep it all straight. To add into the mix, last week added Christian. That's right - a boy. He has glasses. Isabelle talks about him at length. She's even asked me to explain some of the things he likes - like Iron Man. Since when does my little girl care about boy stuff? Oh right, since Christian. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment