Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Fitted Variety

I know, I know, it's been awhile. I promise I've kept up with the schedule but haven't had time to post.

We spent Mother's Day weekend at the Hall household. We had fun celebrating birthdays and enjoying the family. The kids had a blast playing with their grandparents, cousins, and many many more. I think the kids want a teeter-totter of their own (which would be a workout for me!) and a Wii (though wii bowling can be dangerous - though quite fun). I was surprised at how well Isabelle was doing with Wii bowling.

This weekend, yesterday to be specific, we celebrated the wedding of Aly and Hiram. It was a wonderful experience and we were so glad to be their for it. The kids had fun and practically stalked the photographer like the little hams they are. Sorry Aly and Hiram if half your wedding pictures include my kids.

Now I'm home with a bit of a stomach bug. From reading facebook, it doesn't look like I'm alone. Oh well. At least it's giving me a day to slow down and hopefully catch up (or get closer to catching up) on some blogging.


So fitteds.

Here's the problem I'm having with reviewing fitteds - there is such a variety! That's not a bad thing, but it makes it hard to lump them in a single category. They can be pinned or snappied or come in velcro or snaps. They can come in an array of fabrics. They can be stuffed or unstuffable. They can be plain or elaborate patterns. They can be $5 or $30.

So, what's the variety breakdown? The simpler you get, the less expensive it is. A simple cotton is going to cost less than a bamboo or hemp (which tend to be more absorbent). A plain looking one is going to run less than a "cute" one. Snaps or velcro versus snappi or pin will change price slightly, but doesn't make much difference. If you're looking for a cheap fitted, Snugglebottoms and Green Mountain Diapers cloth-eez (aka GMD workhorse fitteds) are good options. Depending on size they'll run anywhere from $5-$8 each. If you're looking hemp, we really like our Sugar Peas fitteds. They run about $17 and are fairly plain (some have colored trim). For bamboo (especially if you're looking for organic bamboo), I've heard Sustainablebabyish is a good way to go. They can be plain, have colored trim, or have solid colors (they also come out with seasonal diapers) and will run around $21-$27 each. If you're looking for cute fitted, WAHMs are the way to go. We've had good luck with Bangshot Row Bamboo (BSRB) and Cow Patties but I've heard good things about Rumple Fluffy, Bright Star Baby (formerly Fishnoodle), Bugga Bugga Boutique, and so many others. Seriously, if you're looking for cute - stalk Hyena Cart and lurk on cloth message boards for good WAHM recommendations. They can run $15-$30. Why don't I use WAHM diapers anymore? Well, most of them use bamboo and Claire is allergic. They worked great with Maddy - we used the BSRBs at night with her - but she doesn't wear diapers anymore so I have no need to look at them.

So there you go. A fitted for every budget and need. Now off for a very difficult review.

No comments:

Post a Comment